During 01 November 2017 – 30 April 2020, IRCA as support organization is implementing the project “ROMACTED: Promoting Good Governance and Empowerment of Roma Communities at Local Level”, a joint project between the European Union (DG NEAR) and the Council of Europe.
This project was implemented on The Municipality of Fier, Vlore, Roskovec, Permet, Pogradec, Elbasan, Korca.
ROMACTED consisted on:
- Capacity Building
- Employment and professional trainings.
- Education and Intercultural Dialogue.
- Civil Registration.
The results of this initiative were:
- 36 GTB members were trained on “Participatory Local Strategic Planning” during 2018 and on “Drafting Joint Action Plans for Roma Integration at the local level” during 2019.
- 48 participants of the Municipal Task Force were trained on “Roma accountability budgeting at the local level”.
- 187 Roma youth were informed about various opportunities related to public employment programs.
- 102 youth were registered on voactional courses.
- 15 young Roma participated in craft courses.
- 90 Roma were employed in various sectors.
- 76 Roma were registered as jobseekers.
- 20 young people were referred to the Regional Directorate of Vocational Education and Training.
- 4 Egyptian people have strengthened their entrepreneurial skills.
- 295 children were registered in kindergarten and school.
- 223 students received free books and school bags.
- 2 young Roma received scholarships.
- 755 Roma people participated in the theatrical play “Wooden Plate”.
- 14 Roma children were registered in the civil registry.
To learn more click link below: