Overall Objective: To advance the rights of Roma and non-Roma women / girls in Durrës and reduce their discrimination, through capacity building, networking and advocacy for empowerment.
The Project aimed at:
- To advance the rights of Roma and non-Roma women / girls in Durrës and reduce discrimination against them, through capacity building, networking and advocacy for empowerment.
- To increase the capacities and opportunities of vulnerable women / girls for employment and to benefit from economic opportunities;
- To promote the sustainability and growth of Roma and non-Roma women’s enterprises;
- To encourage networking, leadership and motivation of vulnerable women / girls.
The results of the project:
- 75 vulnerable women / girls (of which 42 Roma and 3 non-Roma) from Durrës directly benefited from the meetings:
- They have received new information.
- They have increased their communication capacities and skills.
- They have established contacts with local institutions.
- Have been encouraged and motivated to explore new approaches.
- They have learned about discrimination and safety at work.
- They have contributed to brainstorming, discussions, reflections, questions and positive role models.
- 2 podcasts published on the website of the “Capitol” radio.