The project aimed at the:
- Participation of Roma minority members in local decision-making and service delivery
- Information and awareness campaigns focusing on Roma rights and their integration
- Facilitate access to public services
- Training of Roma youth and staff of the Municipality of Tirana
- Information sessions
- Intercultural and sports activities
- Study visits
This project has been implemented in the areas:
The results of the project:
- Training of 15 employees of the Municipality of Tirana on human rights and national and local policies for the inclusion of the Roma minority.
- Organizing a study visit in order to exchange best practices related to social inclusion programs between 6 employees of the Municipality of Tirana and 6 employees of the Municipality of Korca
- Organizing 4 events in order to promote intercultural dialogue, promote young Roma talent, and promote good governance in which a total of 158 participants.
- Organizing information and awareness sessions on health card documents, registration as a jobseeker and information on employment programs as well as educational sessions for participation in elections with the participation of 208 members of the Roma minority.
- Collaborations with the Child Protection Unit and Community Centers for the organization of common activities.
- 4 podcasts containing project activities are regularly produced and broadcast on the online radio “Capitol”